Saturday, April 2, 2011

My Love of Phoenix and How it Started

My past year was a rough one.  Like many others, early last year I lost my job.  Then to add to my misery, I went through a  divorce.  Not unlike many others who have experienced the same fate as I, I managed to work through those challenges.  Moving on, letting go, and then, eventually (and luckily) finding a new job.  Once things calmed down a bit in my personal life I decided to visit friends in Phoenix.  I immediately bonded to this area!  The people are amazing, the atmosphere is light and casual, the sun is shinning constantly and the scenery, well... nothing can compare! Since my first initial trip, I've been several times since.  Now it has become my quest to join my friends and even a family member or two there and switch my life into a new phase.  It's not easy restarting your life half way (or more than half way) through it!  Some say I can't do it - others just don't see how.  The country is still in a recession, housing is still down and jobs are hard to find, let alone get.  When you're in love with an area so inspiring, moving and interesting, it's hard to change focus.  For me, it's my only focus.  I have to move forward.

1 comment: