Monday, April 18, 2011

Do or Die Time...

The time has come. I finally have that all important "meeting" set up in Phoenix.  It's a big employer there.  Using my network, I was able to set up a meeting a with a couple of important people at this "employer".  Of course, I'm simply meeting with them. I called my contact there and stated I would be in town during a particular weekend, and would they be available while I'm there, would they have some time to meet with me?  Luckily, they were interested and did have some time.  No promises of any kind of job offer let alone a particular job.  Just a meeting so they can get to know me, what I'm capable of, basically, who I am.

So what happens if this falls flat?  No jobs, just a "thank you for coming in, if we should have something in the future, we'll keep you in mind" kind of thing.
When do I decide this whole process of getting to Phoenix is just a vanishing dream? I can see it on the horizon, but I just never quite get there? When do I decide to throw in the towel and say, it's not possible?
Time is ticking away, at what point is it too late?

1 comment:

  1. Never give up on your dreams. they are what we get up in the morning for. if this job doesn't work out you will keep looking.

    ReplyDelete